Imagine my surprise when Chief aka Dad over at Unsound Reasoning gave me the "Stylish Blogger Award"! It is extra-special coming from him because his blog gave me that last push I needed to begin blogging. If you haven’t visited his blog, please do. It is well-written and includes priceless advice on things like not flushing green peppers down the toilet. Thank you, Chief!
From what I understand, there are some rules that go along with accepting this award:
- Thank and link back to the person who gave this award to you. ( done :-) )
- Share 5 things about yourself.
This was more difficult than I expected, but here we go:
- I love all kinds of cheese, even the smelly kind.
- I can change my tires in ~30 minutes.
- I started turning gray in my teens (SO not fair!).
- I secretly want to be fashionable (i.e. have nice clothes and accessories). My current style is “comfortable”.
- I think I would be a good “Dear Abby”.
The person I will be awarding this to next will be J.Day over at The Ramblings of Charlie Brown. I like that she blogs about all sorts of things and intermixes her posts with childhood stories. She is open and honest, two traits I admire.
Being quite new to the world of blogging, I have much to learn about netiquette, formatting and such. Hopefully there won’t be too many stumbles, but I’m sure there will be a few. Although I have been at it for a very short period of time, it has given back much more than expected. Besides being somewhat therapeutic, it has made me dig a little deeper. I expected to write how I felt about various things, but have found that I am also writing why I feel them. Rediscovering how my opinions have been formed (and continue to evolve) has been enlightening. Best of all has been finding many kind, humorous people in the blogging community. I had no idea, but have been enjoying the heck out of it. Here’s to you, fellow bloggers! Thank you for the warm welcome.