Saturday, December 24, 2011

Happy Holidays!

2011 has gone by really quickly.  It was full of many more changes than I am used to, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing.  If life was always the same, it would be boring.  Changes shape who we are, for better or for worse.  Good or bad, we learn from it.  When we don't learn from the bad, we will repeat the mistake over and over until we figure it out.  Sometimes the learning curve takes many turns.

What did I learn in 2011?  Nothing terribly new, just reaffirmations of stuff I already knew.  It doesn't hurt to be reminded sometimes.  One thing is that I am in charge of some things in my life, but not others.  Can I help what the economy is like?  No.  Does the poor economy make me not look for a job?  Hell no!  When I am out of work, I will look and look for a job no matter if I am getting monetary "unenjoyment" or not.  I won't find a job if I don't look.  Fortunately, my two years of persistence paid off with a temporary job.  It will end sometime next year, but I am thankful for the paycheck for the time being.  When the time comes, I will start the job search all over again.

I also learned that some things are worth stressing over and some aren't.  In general, I can't find anything worth getting all wound up about, so I consider myself lucky.  Things that stressed me out before (such as my gambling addict parents) don't anymore.  Crappy traffic?  I'll get to work when I get there - the same time as the car in front of me and the car behind me.  That doesn't mean it isn't frustrating or annoying, it just isn't worth blowing a (figurative) gasket over.

Another thing I learned is that I like blogging, and that I miss it.  It's kind of like a combination of free therapy and living vicariously through others.  I need to make time for it.  I think it's important and well worth it.

So here comes 2012.  What's in store?  Who knows?  If I knew stuff like that, I'd play the lottery.  At any rate, I'm looking forward to another year of life.  After all, I'm just happy to be here.

Happy holidays and a fantastic new year to you all!

6 comments:

  1. Ah, what a good attitude you are adopting! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful to see you back. Hope you enjoyed a restive holiday. Good on you for getting past your parents afflictions and not letting it dictate your life. Such a positive outlook for 2012, I'm eager to see what the new year will bring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am getting back into my blogging mode, I like it and have missed it too. Glad to see you back as well. Let the games begin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. didn't Michael Jackson try that? Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete

I love comments - bring 'em on!