Sunday, April 15, 2012

April GBBD - It's All About Texture

It's the 15th of the month again - time for Garden Blogger's Bloom Day!  Since there aren't many blooms in my cold yard this time of year, I went on the hunt for texture.  I also tried a different camera, lens and method than usual ("usual" being point & shoot).  So, yes, this is all an experiment.  Here goes!

First up is a clematis, with a glimpse of the past....
 ....and the future.
I had to double-check to make sure this wasn't a caterpillar on the heuchera:
Looking at Forget-Me-Nots this way makes them look a tad classier than in my usual photos!
The ferns are slowly awakening from their winter slumber....
These tiny yellow flowers are on a pygmy barberry.  These plants have some sort of interest (berries, variegated leaves, blooms, etc.) pretty much year 'round.
What's this?  It's a baby poppy! A sure sign that warmer days are ahead.

Thanks for looking at the results of my experiment!  Maybe next month there will be some actual blooms. :-)

1 comment:

  1. purple - a very underrated colour, in my opinion. Lovely

    ReplyDelete

I love comments - bring 'em on!